|You are here: GulfBase > Institutions & Organizations > Secretaría de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales (SEMARNAT)||•|
Secretaría de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales (SEMARNAT)
- To protect and conserve the ecosystems, species and genes most threatened within the country.
- To stop and reverse pollution of water, air and soil.
- To stop and reverse the erosion and deforestation processes.
- To guarantee the inclusion of the environmental variable as a State policy within the national life activities (government, companies, society).
- To promote the sustainable use of natural resources (including an efficient use of water and electric power).
- To promote a comprehensive and decentralized environmental management.
- To encourage the development and adoption of productive processes and clean technologies.
- To increase and strengthen social participation and access to information on environmental and conservation policies and programs.
-To develop and encourage applied research.
- To promote processes of education, training and communication to preserve the ecological balance, environmental protection and sustainable exploitation of natural resources.
- To facilitate comprehensive handling of the environmental policy and the natural resources, in order to consolidate a sustainable development.
- To manage and preserve national waters with the participation of the society, in order to achieve sustainable use of water.
Type of Organization: Policy or Management
Sector: Federal Government
Contact Person: Lichtinger, Victor
Home Page URL: http://www.semarnat.gob.mx
Keywords: Natural resources, Preservation
GulfBase is a project of the
Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
To give proper credit to the original authors, please cite information taken from GulfBase by the original source as displayed.
To cite GulfBase, use: F. Moretzsohn, J.A. Sánchez Chávez, and J.W. Tunnell, Jr., Editors. 2016. GulfBase: Resource Database for Gulf of Mexico Research. World Wide Web electronic publication. http://www.gulfbase.org, 29 August 2016.
|You are visitor since October 15, 2002.||GulfBase Team Contact Info|