|You are here: GulfBase > Institutions & Organizations > The Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience||•|
The Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience
The staff of the Laboratory comprises faculty, associates, students, and visiting scientists who carry out research in a variety of areas:
* Physiology and biochemistry of vision and olfaction
* Neurotransmitter physiology, pharmacology and evolution
* The structure, function and evolution of ion channels
* Cell and molecular biology of mosquito larvae
* Developmental biology of vertebrates
* Rhythmic pattern generators
* Membrane transport systems
* Gene regulation
* Hunting for useful genes in marine organisms
* Single-cell microchemical analysis
* Coastal ecology and productivity
Affiliation: University of Florida (UF)
Type of Organization: Marine Research Center or Laboratory
Main Field of Focus: Biomedical/ Biotechnological Research with Focus Questions of Human Health and Disease
Year Created: 1974
Contact Person: Anderson, Peter A. V.
Home Page URL: http://www.whitney.ufl.edu
Keywords: Education, Biology, Natural resource
GulfBase is a project of the
Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
To give proper credit to the original authors, please cite information taken from GulfBase by the original source as displayed.
To cite GulfBase, use: F. Moretzsohn, J.A. Sánchez Chávez, and J.W. Tunnell, Jr., Editors. 2013. GulfBase: Resource Database for Gulf of Mexico Research. World Wide Web electronic publication. http://www.gulfbase.org, 23 May 2013.
|You are visitor since October 15, 2002.||GulfBase Team Contact Info|